Whether that Sunglass will look cool on your face or not depends on your face shape! Whatever type of face shape you have, there is an option available for you! but what is my face shape? and How Do I Choose The Right Sunglasses For MyFace Shape? Well, Take a deep breath!
This article is an all you need to know guide to find your face shape and then selecting a perfect sunglass for you!
Table of Contents
- 1 How Do I Choose The Right Sunglasses For My Face Shape!
- 1.0.1 How to Choose The Right Sunglasses For Heart Shaped Faces?
- 1.0.2 How to Choose The Right Sunglasses For Square Face Shape?
- 1.0.3 How to Choose Sunglasses For Round Face Shape?
- 1.0.4 How to Choose Sunglasses For Triangle Face Shape?
- 1.0.5 How to Choose The Right Sunglasses For Oval Face Shape?
- 1.0.6 Other Popular Tutorials to Improve your Face Beauty
- 1.0.7 Conclusion
What is my Face Shape?
Overlooking the face shape is the most common mistake people make while buying Sunglasses, Determining your face shape and then choosing the right sunglass will add to your personality! so the first question is how to find what is my face shape! well that’s very easy to determine!
There are basically four types of Face Shape round, oval, square, Triangular, and heart. one of the easiest ways to determine your face shape is to stand close in front of the mirror and draw the outline of your face on the mirror with a marker. Look which shape is formed! and that is your face shape!
Another and definitive way to determine your face shape is to following this guide.
- Step 1: You need to measure the length of your jawline and face and the width of the forehead and cheekbone.
- Step 1: Determine which part of your face is the widest!
- Step 3: If your Cheekbones are the widest then you have a round face or if the forehead is the widest then it’s oval shape.
- Step 4: If You have a strong Jawline, then you have a square shape and if your Jawline comes to a point, then your face shape is heart!
This guide is given by celebrity makeup artist Vincent Oquendo. Most probably your face shape will be out of the main five types of face shapes! but this is also possible that you might have characteristics of two different face shapes! Here is a definitive guide on Face Shape
How Do I Choose The Right Sunglasses For My Face Shape!
Once you have determined what is the shape of your face! the next thing is to choose a Sunglasses that you will confident in wearing. Well seriously their are unlimited options available for you! but their is a certain types of sunglasses that you have to look into while you buy a sunglasses for you!
How to Choose The Right Sunglasses For Heart Shaped Faces?
winged-out frames suits the best for heart shaped faces! They starts with forhead and narrow down through to the chin, in between they have the widest chin. Heart shaped faces can be of two types!
- Long Heart Shaped Face
- Round Heart Shaped Face
In General, Sunglasses that are wide at the front and have round bases suits the best on people who have Heart Shaped face! Here is the list of some of the perfect Sunglasses that you can blindly trust to add into your personality!
- Bottom-heavy frames: If your Chin is narrow! the best way to balance is to go for Bottom-heavy frames.
- Oval-shaped frames: You can a normal to a very pointy chin! wearing oval-shaped frames on your face would be the best way you can normalize your pointy chin.
- Rimless frames: Rimless frames suit the best on heart-shaped faces, here the idea is to minimize the look of the glass on your face.
- Frame with low-set temples: these frames are generally made for those who have large foreheads! a frame that comes with ow temples! normalizes the width of your forehead.
How to Choose The Right Sunglasses For Square Face Shape?
Square Shape faces make a Straightline from the forehead to the jaw. if you have a long face then you might consider it as a rectangular shape face! the best way to normalize this is by wearing Rounded and thinner frames.
If you have a square shape! all you have to do to look good is to Draw attention away from the angles. Here is a list of some of the best frame types that will suit best on square face shape!
- Round sunglasses suits the best on square face shape, they are perfect for drawing anybody’s attention to angles!
- Colored oval sunglasses: with a square shape face, if you want to have a fun and energetic look, then you can go for Colored oval sunglasses
- Browline sunglasses: these type of sunglasses have a pointed edge and suits best on square shape faces!
How to Choose Sunglasses For Round Face Shape?
Round faces have a very slight difference from forehead to cheekbones! then from cheekbones they go round to a pointed chin. the curves this type of faces make from cheekbones to chin is one of the easiest and the best way to identify them!
Round face shapes have a very smooth curves and to balance this! you have to select sunglasses that can add some angles to your face. Here is the list of some of the best types of sunglasses that you can select
- Rectangular frames: these frames suit the best on a round face shape because they add angles the most!
- Angular and geometric frames: frames that have added angles are the best choice for round shape faces
- D-frames: In some cases, people tend to have a very smooth and clean curve! which just in a look can be identified as round! If you fall into this category! all you have to do is to draw the attention to your upper part of your face! D-frames does the job best!
How to Choose Sunglasses For Triangle Face Shape?
Triangle face shapes have the largest jaw! the are wide at the jaw and they go narrow towards to forehead all you have to do is balance the narrowness at the top of your face! this will normalize the difference in the width of your upper part and lower part of your face.
Frames like, D-frames and aviator are the best option if you have a face shape of triangle. Here is the list of some of the best frame types that you suit on triangle face shape
- Cat-eyes glasses: these frames are the best for triangle face shapes
- Browline frames: these frames have heavy detailing at the temple part and this perfect to draw attention to your temples!
- Wider frame: these frames are wider and hence normalizes your upper part of your face with the lower part.
How to Choose The Right Sunglasses For Oval Face Shape?
The difference gradually decreases from forehead to to the chin, the best thing about oval face shape is that oval face shapes are the universal shape, hence you have the most options when it comes to selecting sunglasses that will suit the best!
the best way to select sunglasses for oval face shape is to select a frame that will normalize both, the widest point of your face to the point of your face which is the lowest. Here is the list of top sunglasses that you can choose if you have oval face shape.
- Square: square shape frames suit the best if you have an oval face shape, they can normalize the difference between your forehead that gradually increases towards your chin.
- rectangular: rectangular shape frames, in addition to the benefits of a square shape, will draw the attention of people towards your temples.
- geometric shapes: frames with geometric shapes are again another option available for you if you have an oval face shape.
Other Popular Tutorials to Improve your Face Beauty
- How To Remove Dark Circles On Eyes? [Very Simple Solutions]
- Multani Mitti Face Pack: Complete Step By Step Guide
- How To Reduce Darkness Around Mouth [Definitive Guide]
- How To Get Rid of Forehead Bumps?
- Eyeshadow Ideas | Ten Quick Tips For Eyeshadows [Explained]
Now that you know exactly what your face shape and then some of the best options of types of sunglasses that you can choose from! you can confidently go to your favorite shape and get a pair of sunglasses-wearing which you will feel confident.
There might be situations when you have characteristics of two different face shapes and thing become more complicated if you have any sight related issues! if you fall any of both of these category then consulting a doctor would be a great idea.
Natural-looking Eye lens is also one of the popular substitutes for sunglasses and frames! If you are interested in Eye lens then here is a complete guide to select the perfect eye lens for you